keskiviikko 25. tammikuuta 2017

First week is almost behind

I have been here for six days now and it's has been quite challenging, weird, busy and nice at the same time. The challenges that i have come across whilst being here are the typical cultural diffences and the ways things work in everyday life. It's also going to take me a while to get used to the language. Eventhough i have studied german since i was 9 years old (10 years of studies all in all) it's still so damn hard to get it out of my mouth. I guess this is the typical finnish "gene thing" in me that won't allow me to speak  a language because you might make some mistakes when talking to a native speaker..  I understand pretty much everything i hear or at least so that i can easily "put the pieces together" and figure out what's going on and what people around me are talking about. For now i have been using english for almost all of the conversations i have had. I do use german for the little things and sayings, like when i'm greeting someone or saying thanks and what not. 

Livingwise then, i have realized that living alone can sometimes get a bit lonely, especially when you are used to a really social lifestyle. Back home i'm used to a life in which i'm always surrounded by people. In the mornings i would wake up at home and i would have my mom and our dog there, then i would go to school and spend the school day with my school mates. After that i would go to work and the rest of the day would be filled with different, both known and unknown, customers and before i would even realize i would be back at home with my mom and dog and then the hours left of that particular day would be spent by sleeping, and probably having a dream filled with different kind of people i had met during that day. So yeah, it's been kind of tuff to be alone sometimes but luckily i have a good wifi at the apartment so that i can easily call through any app that allows free calls, such as whatsapp, viber and skype. 

I haven't had a lot of time to do any type of sightseeing yet because my working days take so long. Eventhough i came here on friday, meaning that i kinda did have three days to go see some sights, i couldn't do that because i had to spent a lot of time at the apartment or doing other chores. For example when i arrived here around three o'clock last friday the first day was spent pretty much just cleaning up the house and going to the shops so that i could have at least something in the fridge. On saturday then i went to Alexanderplatz because i knew the shops and area through my previous stays in Berlin (and also because it's the closest one from when i live). I went there because i needed to buy some more "house stuff" and other essential things such as tooth brushes, tooth paste, shampoo, conditioner, tea towels for the dishes, towels, make up remover pads, some warm socks (bc the floor here is hella cold), plankets and also some slippers to use in the garden area. Also because on sundays the all of the shops are closed i had a bit of a dilemma on sunday and monday morning because i was running out of food (didn't manage to buy enough on friday) and i feel like i have never been so hungry as i was on the following day.

So far work has been quite okay i guess. I mean, there hasn't been that many things to do which makes me sometimes feel kind of useless. I have a lot of things that i would like to get sorted at the house so that i could feel a bit more homey in this city but because of the journey from home to work takes almost an hour it makes my 8 hour long working day almost two hours longer.. I usually wake up at 6:50 or something and then i leave around 8 so that i would arrive at work on time. Work starts then at 9 and ends at 5. During that time i only have a 30 min lunch break, which has been more like 10 to 15 minutes on the previous days because i have had to go to the Lidl near by the office to get something to eat.

Well this turned out to be a really long post, i wasn't expecting that at all. I'm looking forward to the weekend so that i could be a bit more productive around the house and maybe even go to the Mitte area to see different places when we still have daylight (:


Tschüssi,
- Krista x



Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti