perjantai 6. tammikuuta 2017

Two weeks to go

Hey there,

Today is friday the 6th of january, which means there are only two weeks until my Berlin adventure starts. Crazy!!

I can't believe the time has gone so fast and that i will be in Berlin soon.. It feels like it was only yesterday when i contacted the place where i now will be completing my internship, even though that happened in like last october or something. I guess a busy lifestyle might make the days disapear even quicker.

I have been up to all sorts of things during the past few weeks. Our christmas holidays from school started two weeks ago and since then i have been quite busy and i actually think today has been the first day in a while when i feel like i haven't got too many tasks to complete.

Christmas this year went by pretty quickly or that's at least how i feel about it. I celebrated it together with my mom as we do every year. Some might find it strange how just the two of us celebrate x-mas together without any family members but for me it has been that way for so many years, i think since i was like 13 or something, so the idea of that doesn't feel as weird or lonely anymore.

Well then after christmas came the new year celebrations, and let me just tell you how happy i'm about the fact that the horrendous year of 2016 is over. At some point i had a chat about the past year with a friend of mine and we talked about how the year was, not just for me but to other people we know as well, a year of loss and sadness. I mean, i honestly can't think of a year in my life in which i had experienced myself or seen others lose so many loved family members as in 2016.

But enough with the heavy stuff. Let's get a bit more cheery, shall we?

The year of 2017 in my opinion has started pretty well and i feel like i have been pretty productive. I have been working a lot to earn more money for Berlin. The sad part about it is that i will have my last shift on sunday next week. Quitting my job there feels kind of strange since i have been working there for almost two years now and this job has been my first ever long term job. In addition to this, i also happen to have the best co-workers so leaving them behind makes me almost have teary eyes.

Then also, i have already started to do a bit of packing and making notes and lists of things i need to take care of or to take with me. And yep the struggle is real! The idea of trying to fit my whole life into a suitcase makes me hella stressed out, and in this case being an over-packer doesn't really help. Other than that, i even got around buying myself a new laptop, which i really needed, because my old one is like maybe 5 to 6 years old and the amounth of noise it makes.. Gosh i don't even have any words to describe it, it just pretty much drives you nuts.

Anyways, let's just hope 2017 will bring us more joy, feelings of success and happy moments. I don't know about you but at i didn't commit to any new years resulutions, so that i could in one way avoid being a failure this year :P

I will end this post to the pictures i took when i was in Berlin in 2011 and 2014.

Have a happy weekend you all!

- Krista x









Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti